Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Lights in New York City


Dear friends, I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! As promised, I am back with a few festive photos. There is nothing like Christmas time in New York City. It is an ongoing display of lights and decorations no matter where you walk around. Here I was at Bryant Park where tourists and New Yorkers alike love to ice skate under the Christmas tree.


This is a street shot I took on Park Avenue. Just about every street is lined up with trees adorned with golden lights. I especially love to take pictures at night time so you can see the reflections and all the lights in the skyscrapers as well.


Here I was at Rockefeller Center where the famous and tallest Christmas tree is lit up in multi-colors surrounded by angels. It truly is a magical place this time of year. People from all over come visit.


This year right across from the tree at Rockefeller center they had an amazing light show. The colors kept changing to the tune of Christmas music, something really spectacular to see in person. 


Around the corner from Rockefeller Center, I decided to stop by St. Patrick's Cathedral. It's so peaceful to be inside this beautiful Church full of light and hope. I lit a candle for world peace, love and good health for family and friends. 


Here I was walking on Fifth Avenue and took a picture of the Empire State Building which is lit up in red and green at Christmas time. I'm not sure how city lights ended up forming stars but it was cool!


And lastly, given that the holiday season usually includes lots of sweets, I thought I would leave you with this huge gingerbread house I photographed at a New York restaurant. I simply love it! I hope you enjoyed a little tour of New York City and I wish you all Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a wonderful, healthy and prosperous New Year! Thanks for being here and your continued support. xo

20 comments:

  1. New York sure has Christmas done right and on display indeed. Hope a great Christmas is had at your pad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss NYC at Christmas! Thanks for sharing...wishing you Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  3. I so enjoyed your beautiful photos. I especially like the starry effect of the Empire state building. Cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sherry! Merry Christmas! :)

      Delete
  4. Buon natale ...bellissimi scatti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proprio splendente New York con le sue luci e colori…Felice anno Nuovo e auguri per tutte le feste! ciao Cri : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Cristina, Buone Feste anche a te' ! :)

      Delete
  6. Just my opinion, but there is no place so beautiful as NYC, at Christmastime.
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful photographs, my friend.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Hope you're enjoying the holidays xo

      Delete
  7. Certainly, nothing like Christmas in NYC! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Lori. We have not been to NYC this week. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cara Loredana,come sempre qui come su Fb è bello stare accanto a te...belle immagini,belle parole ed amore per la vita. Tanti auguri per il nuovo anno,che sia una nuova occasione di felicità crescita ed amore...un abbraccio,Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara Rita, anche io sono molto contenta che stiamo in contatto qui e a FB. Tantissimi auguri per il Nuovo Anno che sia pieno di bontà, creatività e felicità. Un abbraccio, Loredana :)

      Delete
  10. Un felice 2017 a te e famiglia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Giancarlo auguri anche a te e famiglia.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!