Saturday, September 3, 2016

What a Beautiful Summer


I hope everyone is having a great summer! Mine has been fantastic. In between working hard at my job, I managed to have some fun. I just wanted to share some pictures of the most memorable moments. Here is a beautiful lake where I went sailing with my husband and in-laws.


We did some more sightseeing by the water at the Hudson River.


Lots of dining at local restaurants al fresco. The Lamborghini is not mine!


The woods in our backyard have been a tranquil place to relax on the weekends.


We did quite a bit of entertaining outdoors on our deck.


OK, the giraffes are not in our backyard! No, I took this picture at the Bronx Zoo.


As always, we enjoyed the local farmer markets--here are some gorgeous sunflowers.


I have been trying to eat healthier foods and making salads every day--I love fresh tomatoes.


I have been doing container gardening in my favorite terracotta pots.


Beautiful blue skies in New York City where I commute to work. And lots more.

I've been busy writing poetry and prose and posting my black & white photography on my new blog, Magic of Words. I finally updated my profile picture here and on Google+. Recently, I returned to Facebook to stay in touch with family and friends overseas and on the West coast. I will continue to blog here but probably on a seasonal basis as this blog will always remain special to me.

Thanks for following along! xx

15 comments:

  1. such a treat is this Loredana!...ha you've moved to Wordpress, me too :)

    my link: https://gangulisumana60.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots indeed. To bad that Lamborghini isn't yours haha but imagine the insurance on that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've had a wonderful summer, Loredana!
    The weather has been just perfect for anything one might choose to do.
    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, my friend. xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! Have a good one, too! xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Loredana - so good to hear that you have been having a lovely summer - your photos are wonderful! Summer goes by much too fast and here it is already fall. Your beautiful backyard must be so lovely in the fall :) I hope you are enjoying this last weekend of summer! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by, Karen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, I'm holding onto summer as much as possible. If you like a short ferry ride, you should try Island Beach off Greenwich, CT. Next year of course. We also enjoyed a crazy power boat ride with friends on the Long Island Sound. Glad you enjoyed your summer adventures. Looking forward to your autumn photos and poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice this blog.
    You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. I’m looking to reading your next post.

    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!