Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spring Ahead


Today, we Spring ahead as our clocks are set one hour forward. Days will seem longer now because it doesn't get dark until much later. But it takes a while to get used to the time change. Nature, on the other hand, seems to adjust to the change of seasons more easily. Sunlight shines softly on the first blooms sprouting out in the garden. My husband spotted crocuses in our back yard in the woods this weekend. It's amazing how these delicate flowers are budding amidst fallen leaves. He took these pictures with his phone and I edited them. This is my favorite--I love blue and pink colors together. 


Here is a white crocus with some hints of purple in it. This one seemed to burst through the leaves adding life and renewal to the brown decay from last Fall. Spring is a beautiful rebirth.


And doesn't this crocus look like a little angel with open wings? I do love this one! Oh, the miracles of Spring on its way. Enjoy! xx

6 comments:

  1. Sure showing spring is springing up indeed. Although I hate the whole spring ahead time change, but meh, get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see those sweet signs of spring! You must be enjoying your new home so much. It always takes me a while to get used to the time change, but I am loving the extra daylight in the evening. Hope you have a lovely week, Loredana! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che bei fiori, i primi particolari! mai visti! ciao e buona primavera! Cri : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Loredana,

    Thank you for your photos. They brightened my day. I see the angel. Thank you, for opening my eyes!

    Wishing you a lovely spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous spring....I just wish our weather would stabilize a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature adapts easily, to the silly time change. Because Nature always follows Nature's time anyway. :-)

    And that is what I try to do.

    This old time change thing, has lost its luster, a long time ago. I agree with the old Native American Indian who said; "Only white man would think, that if he cut piece off top of blanket, and sewed it on bottom of blanket, he could make a longer blanket." ,-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!