Saturday, January 23, 2016

Dream


dream

of the impossible
and awaken
to the possibilities


Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted anything new as I've been very busy at work and at home with many projects. But I wanted to take a moment to wish you all a Happy New Year and thank you for the sweet comments on my previous holiday post.

We've been having a very mild Winter until today--our first major snow storm in New York. It's been snowing all day and these are some views from my windows as I haven't been outside yet. My husband, however, is out shoveling our driveway and he was even kind enough to help an elderly neighbor to shovel hers.

We're expected to get over a foot of snow and we'll probably be snowbound this weekend. I'm making beef and vegetable stew in the crock pot and it smells so good!


I hope to return to regular blogging soon as my time allows. Meanwhile, I've been writing micro poetry and I hope you enjoy my little "dream" poem. I hope the New Year will bring you many happy and wonderful things and everything you dream of! xx

14 comments:

  1. Cara Loredana,ti auguro tante belle cose per tutto ciò che desideri nel nuovo anno. Continuiamo a tenerci compagnia con immagini e parole...un abbraccio affettuoso,Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure are getting blasted indeed. Hopefully the power stays on at your feed. Welcome back too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Loredana! Beef and vegetable stew sounds perfect for a snowy evening. Have a great year and keep writing and blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your poems, and look forward to seeing you here, Loredana. I heard that NYC missed the record snowfall by just a tenth of an inch!
    I hope that you are inside, safe, and warm. We got no snow at all here, but it was 10 below 0 this morning. Brrrrrr.
    Have a wonderful week ahead. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the winter snow and have a happy and safe year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un paesaggio meraviglioso che ci proponi.
    Un caro abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a belated Happy New Year too dear Loredana. The snow fell heavy in New York , saw the impressive images in the news, sounds like you cozied up :-) Love your poem... wouldn't that be nice :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the b&w photos, Loredana. Blessings to you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely poem and I love winter in b&w. We were in midtown Manhattan when the storm hit and we had so much fun. I was on the 34th floor with an amazing view for a week! NYC shut down for a day and it was fantastic to walk the streets - really quite surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images Loredana! And hoping you are fully dug out.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. How's the situation there, hope the storms have calmed down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That poem is so beautiful and it's speaking straight out of my heart. That's how I'm feeling about making dreams come true right now :)
    The snowy pictures are wonderful, I wish we had that much snow right now. We have spring temperatures in Germany!? :D I'm looking forward to spring, but a little more snow for now wouldn't hurt ;)
    Happy New Year full of possibilities to you, too.
    And LOTS of hugs :)
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  13. So disappointed that across the river here we got nothing in that storm! All around us got hammered, but zero for us! And now that it has been in the 50's, not sure I want it anymore! Though I do know better than to expect Spring just yet. Snow always provides for wonderful photo ops. Aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful winter scenes, Loredana, and your poetry is lovely, too. Your stew sounds like the perfect comfort food for a snowy week! So glad to see you are blogging again - I've missed you! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!