Saturday, August 1, 2015

In the Moment






time is endless yet slipping away
through my fingers

a delicate balance between
holding on and letting go

of pastel memories
each moment, a tender petal

so precious, so fleeting
counting none but sunny hours

~ o~o~o~

This  poem and its last line was inspired by a sundial with the inscription, "I count none but sunny hours," I discovered in a local public garden in New York near my new home. You can see a close-up of the sundial and its inscription in my fourth photograph. I took the other pictures as I was walking around the garden, so beautiful with colorful summer blooms. The sundial made me think about how fleeting and precious time is, each moment to be appreciated. Enjoy my poem and photos and have a wonderful weekend! xx

~ o~o~o~

Sharing with Poets United

20 comments:

  1. you've captured fleeting time in beautiful sunny words, full of healing energy...the photos took me to the place where they were taken...such a lovely post Loredana...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration and the photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic words on the sundial. So glad you used them in your beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea & agree with it. Sometimes time does indeed seem endless, but yet it goes by in the blink of an eye. And, in the end, I do hope that it is the sunny hours of our lives that etch our memories! Lovely photos, Loredana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful poem coupled with breathtaking photographs :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos - i think they should have been in the Pantry - yes time is fleeting and should be honoured..that inscription is very effecting and inspirational - as is your poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure looks like a great spot for a trot. Yeah, time slips by day by day

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful scenery and lovely poem to accompany such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying the fleeting summer time too ~ Love the pictures and sundial quote, perfect ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, both your words and your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quote that sparked the poem and so resonate with the poem - "a delicate balance between holding on and letting go." I so feel that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it seems we are both contemplating time and being int he moment...I love how you wove the words on the sundial into the poem...fabulous line.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures and beautiful lines.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful inspiration for your poem.....and life is indeed a fine balance of holding on and letting go! Tricky to learn and even more difficult to do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If only we could all count just the sunny hours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very accomplished, Loredana!! Enjoyed reading....Stunning photos as well....:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. How beautiful and sweet! A lovely reminder to live in the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pics Loredana! It is most opportune to snap the sun dial as they are not easily found. In fact if found many may not realize its significance. Thanks for sharing!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!