Saturday, July 18, 2015

Harmonious


you looked at me with curious eyes
wondering who i was, looking back at you
with the same curiosity and wonder

a new visitor and friend in the making
harmonious with your surroundings
unafraid, uninhibited, unbound

agile and free, grazing on the grass
moving about gently and with grace
you made my morning a little brighter

a little more hopeful that such a bond
is possible within humanity, too
that such peace can be achieved

~ ~ ~
Sharing with Poets United
~ ~ ~

Hi everyone! This morning I had a visitor in my back yard -- a beautiful deer grazing on the grass. She looked right at me through the patio glass door, probably curious as who this new person in the house was. Maybe she was trying to get to know me. I immediately grabbed my camera but didn't want to go outside for fear she would run away scared. So I took a picture through the patio glass door and then turned it into abstract digital art. I loved the way she blended in with nature in perfect harmony with her surroundings. If only the rest of the world could be at peace like this -- so simply, so wonderfully!

22 comments:

  1. love that wonder and curiosity in the deer's eyes difficult to find in a modern human ...wish your optimistic note rings in the peace and healing that the world so direly needs today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful and heart warming read. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a heartwarming piece :D Happy Sunday :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cool. We get quite a few deer and yesterday I was writing a paper on the deck and watched a family of one mom and two little ones walk right up under me. They like to eat off my pear trees, and I let them - because I appreciate seeing them up close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite true. If only we were as willing to embrace our neighbors! Lucky you to be close to nature. The only animals which come here are stray dogs and they're not very friendly to welcome either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - that would be true harmony indeed..i love the relationship between you and the deer...connected..respectful..thankful...beautiful words and image..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your digital art & the poem. We have deer close here, so this scenario rang so very true. I just love their presence, but wonder if it is also THEY who eat things they should not in my garden. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A visitor who inspires a poem is very welcome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, pretty poem and a wonderful deer sighting. Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photography and how amazing to see the visitor in the morning ~ A very blessed morning it is then ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. A guest to brighten the morning at your sea. Humanity sure wants more and more, unable to know such peace at their shore

    ReplyDelete
  12. deer and other forms of wildlife often visit the environment where i live and it's always a lovely time to see them. especially deer, they're like magical beings that run away when humans get too close.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful visitor, and a lovely image of her.......we have deer here often too - magical beings! So gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is why I love nature in my garden...the peace, the simplicity they bring....beautiful thoughts Loredana!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope she continues to visit you, Loredana.
    They truly are such beautiful creatures.
    I love the words you chose for this image.

    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, my friend! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Experiences such as this are wonderful and beautifully recording in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great poem of hope. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's lovely as was your poetry. I enjoyed this post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow.. thats a wonderful guest to have

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely sight, expressed so beautifully! So happy for you! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. i bet it's exciting to see your visitor. we need some beautiful distraction in our daily routine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!