Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Giving thanks


giving thanks
for a new day
full of possibilities
awaiting
on a late Autumn morning

awakening
to sun rays piercing
through the last of
crimson, golden leaves
still hanging on

in the promise
of starting over
again and again
and bask in the warmth
of what matters most

home's hearth
a place to gather
inside the heart
and glow in the 
closeness

knowing you are
not alone


Hi, everyone! I've been busy and didn't have time to post until now. Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments and for checking in on me! Autumn colors are almost all gone, but I wanted to share some pictures I took throughout November. I love the sun shining through Autumn leaves. Fall reflections in the local pond painted a colorful canvas. 


I went to a fun pumpkin patch. Can't wait to taste the first pumpkin pie of the season!


I've also been going to our local farmer's market on the weekend to pick up fresh herbs and vegetables. This time of year, I like making soups, so comforting when it gets cold.


I picked fresh Fall flowers at a local farm. Here they are on the dining room table.


I like dry flowers, too, which make for a nice Fall display. This pretty wreath was at the local farmer's market. 


Time to gather by the fireplace and stay warm. It's going to snow tomorrow!
~ ~ ~
Happy Thanksgiving! xx

13 comments:

  1. We just get rain, yippeee, keep the snow lol looks like you had some fun indeed. One not being alone can go far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. knowing you are not alone makes all the difference....
    glad you are well...i have been away the last several weeks as well...
    have a lovely thanksgiving...

    supposed to snow here tomorrow and then i think it is heading your way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. such lovely picture and have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buona Festa del Ringraziamento ,cara Loredana. Anche qui è tempo di stare al caldo nella gioia della casa...aspettando la prima neve,
    E' sempre un piacere leggerti ed ammirare le tue belle fotografìe. Un abbraccio affettuoso,Rita-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un bel post che ci regala un senso di tranquillità che deriva dalle cose semplici e dalla nostra terra. Buona giornata! Cri : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice poem full of hope, and the photos are so warm, make me wish to be there, and try a pumpkin pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Un bellissimo post pieno di atmosfera e calore , e la tua poesia 'says it all' , bellissima ! Abbraccio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photographs are wonderful, Loredana.
    I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LD, such beautiful and lively photos! You make me fall for Autumn all over again;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season Loredana, all the best to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally catching up Loredana...I love these words as I was reconnecting with family I had not seen in a while so a wonderful opportunity for new beginnings. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!