Friday, August 8, 2014

The Joys of Summer


I wish I could take the flavors & colors
of summer and bottle them up in a fancy
perfume vessel to spray on a rainy day

to fill the air with the songs of hummingbirds
the freedom of kites & butterflies into the wind
the scent of sunflowers and freshly cut grass

the taste of chocolate ice cream, strawberries
sunshine & picnics, the whimsy of sand castles
the quiet strength of early morning light

the wonderment in a child's innocent eyes 
and best of all, your smile, your tender words
because this fleeting moment is all I have

I long to capture it, treasure it forever
sprinkle a little happiness in this world
where what matters most is often forgotten


Hello dear friends, I hope everyone is having a lovely summer! I haven't posted on my blog in a while but I've actually been writing a lot of poetry on my Google+ page and developing a site there. If you're on Google+ you can read my poems and see more of my photographs at  Loredana Donovan Google+ Posts. I will still post on my blog and continue to visit you as I enjoy the friendships I've made over the past couple of years with such wonderful fellow bloggers. Wishing everyone a great weekend! xx
~ ~ ~
Sharing with:

29 comments:

  1. Great images of Summer have been created in this piece....an enjoyable read:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look at the google account I use.... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much delight in the summer indeed and then comes the crummy snow to ruin it all haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer is such a wonderful time, and you have captured it so beautifully in both your words and photographs, Loredana.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Una bella poesia Loredana, dolce e poetica.
    Complimenti anche per le belle foto ciao e buon weekend, Cri : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. so keep what matters most alive, for as long as you can....smiles...
    autumn is my fav though, so...i might bottle that one...ha

    sorry, i do nothing on google+ or facebook or i would come see...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such positive thoughts shared. I understand the need we have to save something of joy and warmth for the dark days ahead.

    Great to read your work again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only we can bottle them and spray them during winter ~ I so wish Loredana as our summer is really short ~ Enjoy the rest of the summer ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strawberries, ice cream, and sand castles -- some of the essence of summer well evoked / preserved in your poem. A poet has to capture it while it exists, as it will be gone so very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful sights, sounds, and taste :-)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Capturing happiness is wonderfully expressed in your poem

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your words are the vessel to capture the summer.. Whenever you're down just read this - and the summery smile will be back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely reflection on the joys of summer.....beautiful butterfly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a delightful read as always with the bonus of flower and butterfly...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cornflower and butterfly! I enjoyed the prose too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos and words ~ divine for IHM2

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to read your poetry here and now on G+

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would be the most wonderful perfume, Loredana! Beautiful thoughts on capturing summer. I haven't made a sand castle in a long time - I miss the beach. I'll make sure to check on Google + to keep up to date with you. I tend to neglect mine....xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. When you have finally done the collections, I will run away with that vessel :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Even though summer is not my fav, it's definitely a beautiful time of year and always a memory-maker :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the way you end your poems......you are like Shellley and Robert Frost....
    the closing stanza is soooooo amazing........
    this poem touched my senses...i could feel it, see it, smelll it, hear it.......taste it.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a great weekend you too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I warmly welcome and invite you to watch a new photo album "Lilies"
    Good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, everyone, for all your lovely & summery comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!