Saturday, January 12, 2013

Flight at Sunset


if i could fly
i would soar over the sunset
the sky painted in blue and orange

i would spread my wings
toward the mystery of the horizon
floating on the clarity of clouds

listen to my heart beat
to the rhythm of celestial music
breathe in breathe out

exhaling
exploring
exhilarating

would i be free?
~ ~ ~
My photograph and poem were inspired by the colorful artwork of Kim Nelson, specifically her painting, "Take Flight," which can be found at her website, Kim Nelson Creates at http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/. I created this post in response to the Sunday Challenge at the inspiring poetry site, Imaginary Garden With Real Toads at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/. When I saw Kim's painting, it made me think about the beauty of birds and what would it be like to fly. I took this photo of birds migrating to a warmer climate in the countryside of New York. I'd love to learn how to paint one day.
~ ~ ~
Sharing my photo also with this lovely site:

31 comments:

  1. Ending this with the question is very effective! Lovely photo, such warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your inspired piece on Real Toads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellissima la tua "Vorrei"....sai che sulla mia antologia ho inserito una lirica con lo stesso titolo? Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  4. E questa foto sembra un dipinto in cui volano liberi nel cielo! Complimenti per la foto....noto la firma... ;)

    ciao e buona giornata! Cri : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. A question we ask often to ourselves..never answered though...loved the poetry..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful photo! I'm with you - one day I'd love to learn how to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome photo , and a beautiful poetry, too. You could easily learn to paint...just begin ! :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely post
    birds in flight always make me happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would think that would be an amazing feeling, great picture also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your poem definitely conveys the feeling of the exhilaration of freedom! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Your photo is brilliant in both color and caught-subjects; vivid as your poem as they illustrate that yearning to fly, to be free. The question as finale is effective. Just right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just lovely! I often times imagine how wonderful it would be to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mix of photography and poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exceptionally beautiful.
    The fact that, we still can't answer whether that standpoint would be free or not is the best part of it.
    I can't really come to what actually freedom would be.

    Amazing work. keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful...unique write..expressing freedom and the asking "would I be free?"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, and a thought-provoking ending!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this poem...it is very inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely - both words and photo! When I was a child I would dream I could fly. I still remember the feeling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a stunning photograph ~ I would like to think I am free ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful words for this equally beautiful photograph, Loredana!
    Happy Monday to you!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "spread my wings
    toward the mystery of the horizon"

    and all the rest so beautifully and ethereally expressed. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Les couleurs sont extraordinaires sur ta photo. Elle serait parfaite comme fond d'écran sur mon téléphone multifonctions, tu ne trouves pas? ;-)

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic photo ~ would be nice to see a sky like that ~ mostly grey here ~ snow tomorrow?
    Poem is lovely ~

    (A Creative Harbor)

    Always lovely to have you visit and great to see your blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. Would love to fly away too many a time. Wonderful write.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!