Friday, December 28, 2012

Year in Review & Gift for You!


It's been a wonderful year of blogging and I have enjoyed meeting so many creative artists, poets, writers and photographers in the blogosphere! I have learned a lot from you, by viewing your work, and your comments and support have been so valuable to me. As 2012 draws to a close, I would like to show you some of my and your favorite photographs of the year. Also, in appreciation of your readership, I would like to give one of you a print, matted with a frame, of one of your favorite photographs as a gift! To participate, please leave a comment on this post and let me know your favorite photograph. You may choose from the 12 photos here or any other you like from past posts. I will have a random drawing, and the winner will be announced in January 2013!
~ ~ ~
Let's now go for a little trip down memory lane. Links to the original posts are included for your perusal. I have chosen one post from each month.
~ ~ ~ 
January
Silver Lining
In January, I experimented with cloud reflections of a New York City skyscraper above.


February
 Roses Are Red
In February, I tried my first macro photo of a flower, a rose for Valentine's Day.



March
New York City Street Scene
In March, I showed you the softer side of New York City, in a Spring street scene.


April
Small Town USA
In April, I introduced you to my small town of Pleasantville, New York, with all its charm.


May
Painting With Words
In May, I shared with you one of my paintings from college and poem to go with it.


June
Candlelight
In June, I showed you my romantic side with candlelight and love haiku.


July
Colors of Summer
In July, I shared my most favorite summer colors.


August
Trail to Beach
In August, I shared with you photos and poems from our New England vacation.


 September
Crescent Moon
In September, I captured the moon and was inspired to write a poem.


October
Fall in Love
In October, I fell in love all over again with Fall and love itself.


November
And Now Snow!
In November, I tried out black and white photography as snow was falling.


December
Joy
In December, I posted many photos and poems of the holiday season, but the joyous celebration in nature was my favorite.
~ ~ ~
Please leave a comment here, tell me your favorite photograph from these 12 or previous posts, and I look forward to announcing the winner in January 2013!
 Thank you all and Happy New Year!

34 comments:

  1. I loved this tour of your year and the contrasts you capture in the city and the country. The best of both! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara, yes, I do love both the city and the country :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is a difficult choice, Loredana! They are all beautiful! I guess if I had to choose, it would be November. There is something so peaceful and serene about that photo. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen, I had fun experimenting with black and white photography :)

      Delete
  3. Loredana, these are wonderful, and what a generous giveaway!
    It is so hard to choose a favorite, but I think "Trail to the Beach" is my favorite.

    I wish you a very, very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa, those New England cliffs over the beach were awesome :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful images of the year Loredana. As above, very hard to choose but I particularly love November's black and white photo. Have a great new year. David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David, black and white gives an interesting mood to a photo :)

      Delete
  5. Oh how lovely Loredana...I don't know if I could pick one so I would leave it up to you!! Ok I did like Sept, Nov and Dec if I had to pick!! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, the crescent moon and red berries were two of my favorites, too :)

      Delete
  6. I love the NYC street scene in the spring! The buildings in the background are so cool. Thanks for a great giveaway!

    Happy new year, Loredana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy, that's the Flatiron building, a very cool skyscraper in the background :)

      Delete
  7. What a creative idea for this post and great photography ~ ^_^

    (A Creative Harbor ~ aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)

    Thanks for coming by ~ love having you visit ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol, glad you enjoyed the creativity of the post :)

      Delete
  8. Loredana! nice to see you! Thank you for stopping by and selecting your fav boot/shoe of mine. hahahaha

    I choose October! "Fall in Love" I am a sucker for love and the feelings that surround it. So that is my choice.

    Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Renae, that turned out to be a sweet photo :)

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, this is difficult...all beautiful shots, but I think my favorite is the May one. Wishing you a wonderful 2013 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane, glad you liked my painting from college :)

      Delete
  10. This is a lovely bouquet of photos ~ Thank you for sharing them.

    May fav is November, black and white ~

    Happy New Year ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace, glad you enjoyed them all :)

      Delete
  11. Hi! I liked the October picture the best. It feels quintessentially New York City to me. Great blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea and every one of them is wonderful. I love the painting..it is what you created at that time and that makes it really special... Have a very Happy and Healthy New Year...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle, yes, that is a special abstract painting I created in a design class :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Your photos are wonderful! I am partial to B&W so the one you took in November is my favorite! Plus we don't get to see snow often in my part of the world so I always enjoy shots of a winter wonderland. I look forward to following you in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ti auguro un 2013 che inizi bene, prosegua come desideri e che termini con grandi soddisfazioni.
    Ti auguro di camminare su una strada chiamata vita, di inciampare in una pozza chiamata fortuna, di cadere in un abisso chiamato felicità.
    Ti auguro un amore sincero accanto a te che sappia comprenderti e guardarti nel cuore con amore
    per ciò che sei.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Giancarlo, che bei auguri. Li ricambio. Ciao :)

      Delete
  15. So many beautiful choices! I love them all! I wish you all the best in 2013, Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen, glad you liked them all :)

      Delete
  16. Ciao cara Loredana...ti auguro un sereno 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Francesca, tanti auguri anche a te' :)

      Delete
  17. Dear Loredana,

    I loved all your photos. It was hard to single one out. However, I especially liked your October photo.

    The splash of red, the classical lines of the fence around the fountain, intermixed with nature in the background gave a "pop" to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pablo, so glad you liked that photo, it is classic NYC :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!