Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Flower Bouquet


crystal vase-
a flower turns towards the sun;
still life awakens
~ ~ ~
Today, I'm sharing with you a haiga, which is a combination of a haiku and image. This flower bouquet is on display on my dining room glass table in my sun room. I had so much fun taking pictures from different angles, and I edited the first photo to make it look painterly. The haiku was inspired by the flower as it turned towards the sun. To me, this is a metaphor for the beauty and miracle of life, to be cherished, every single day.


Here is the original photo, straight out of the camera and without any editing. One of my interests is interior design. I love decorating! I made our sunroom into a dining room. It's a simple and contemporary design with a rectangular table with a glass top and black iron chairs. In the corner, I put a bench where we can sit and enjoy the view from the large sun room windows. I love fresh flowers especially now in the Fall and then Winter when we no longer have flowers in the garden. They add so much color and beauty!

I'm sharing my haiga with Carpe Diem and Pixel Dust Photo Art, which coincidentally both had the same prompt of still life. I enjoyed this challenge so much and thank the hosts, Kristjaan and Bonnie, for coming up with this creative prompt. Please visit http://chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.com/ and http://www.pixeldustphotoart.com/ for other wonderful still life creations. Enjoy this little glimpse into my home and my haiga!


48 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... The image and the word compliment each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, in a haiga, the image and haiku are associated :)

      Delete
  2. This is my first exposure to a haiga. It's beautiful Loredana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keith, glad you learned something new :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo and lovely haiku ~ ( A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful haiga Loredana...it's a real still life in word and 'paint'. Thank you for sharing on Carpe Diem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the creative prompt, Kristjaan. I enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely! I like how you edited the first photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the haiku and the flowers are wonderful...it is very creative to do both the image and then the poem...yes it could be a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful still life photo and haiku. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well - you awakened the 'still life' in me! Beautiful work and your post was an interesting read. Thanks for sharing your artistry with PAF, Loredana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, Bonnie. It was a wonderful theme :)

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful thing - the haiga! Image still, but full of life... beautifully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely image. Flowers are so nice in the house when the weather turns cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the haiku is beautiful. it goes so well with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had not heard of this before...beautiful...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle, glad to share something new to you :)

      Delete
  13. Very pretty. The painterly feel is a nice touch and I like how you highlighted the main flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ida. I had fun with the painterly effect :)

      Delete
  14. So creative - words and photos. Your sunroom looks like a wonderful place to be! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks so beautiful in that light - must remember 'haiga'. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful bouquet of flowers with lovely colors!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your haiga, and what a lovely job you did on cropping this lovely shot! Bet you really enjoy that sunroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanne. Yes, I wanted to show the flower turning towards sunlight :)

      Delete
  18. Oh, how I envy your sunroom-turned-dining-room! Actually, I would love to have a room full of sun! I don't care about the dining part. ;-) This is a delightful piece of photo art---with such a beautiful Gerbera daisy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn, for the nice comment and for sharing the name of the flower :)

      Delete
  19. utterly deLIGHTfull!! such simplicity is extravagant, don't you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, I agree about the sunshine! Such gorgeous shots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. Sunshine brings happiness :)

      Delete
  21. A beautiful bouquet...letting the sun in even in the dark months :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. Flowers brighten my days :)

      Delete
  22. fresh flowers brighten the house, the day, our mood! LOVE your haiga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dani, so true, flowers brighten it all :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!