Friday, June 15, 2012

Weekend Fun


I had the afternoon off today, so I started my weekend early. After a long, busy week at work, I always look forward to a restful and relaxing weekend. The theme today at Friday My Town Shoot Out! at http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/ is "town tours." So I thought I'd just show you a few fun things to do on the weekend in my hometown of Pleasantville, New York. I took the first photo this afternoon at Nannahagan Park, where there is a nice little pond you can walk around and enjoy nature. Lo and behold, a white pelican showed up! I captured the pelican's reflection in the water. I'm also contributing this photo to Weekend Reflections at http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com/


At the same park, there is a little, rustic bridge over the pond. I like the shadows the leaves are casting, and the bridge invites you to cross over it and explore the woods!


Next, I stopped by Pleasantville Country Club, which has some great views of the rolling hills. I don't play golf, but it sure does sound like a fun thing to do on the weekend with your friends or family. Maybe I should learn some day. Great fun in the sun!


Pleasantville is indeed a family friendly small town. If you have children, you can have some simple fun at the playground at Roselle Park. This little girl seems to be enjoying herself on the swing! I took this picture with a slightly blurry effect to show movement.


After getting some good exercise by walking and playing, it's time for a delicious little dessert at Jean Jacques, a French bistro in town. They even have a small sculpture of the Eiffel Tower in the window. But I was focusing on the dessert, tartallette au fruits, lovely pastry topped with strawberries, kiwis, peaches, and blueberries!

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend with lots of fun!

20 comments:

  1. Sono sicura che mi piacerebbe passeggiare in un parco incantevole come questo e poi adoro i ponticelli in legno!
    Bellissime foto solari e vive!
    Complimenti, ciao e buon weekend! Cri : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Cristina! Si' questo ponticello in legno e' proprio carino. Buona settimana! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I enjoyed that walk and the dessert was delicious. Almost like being there. Thanks for a great photos and narrative, Enjoy your week-end.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your corner of the world with me, Pleasantville is so pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures you show. Wishing you a good weekend. Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara Loredana,che belle immagini da questi luoghi così pieni di pace!E' bello condividere insieme a te,la vita in un angolo di mondo dove la quiete e la bellezza regnano così dolcemente!Buon fine settimana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Rita, si' questo laghetto e' molto bello e sereno, proprio vicino a dove abitiamo! Buona settimana :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks, that was a nice tour. Your town is aptly named!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great tour of a lovely town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful images. Molto belle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHat a nice name for a town, Pleasantville! It does look like it lives up to its name. Especially with that bistro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca. Those French pastries are really good! :)

      Delete
  10. some lovely places in your town. That little pond is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the pond is just adorable :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!