Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lovely Lilacs


Does anybody know
why the sun rises every morning?
No matter what the day brings,
it still wakes me gently at dawn

Does anybody know
why an evergreen keeps on holding on?
No matter what rain or snow,
it still stands tall by me

Does anybody know
why a tiny seed grows into a flower?
No matter what shape or color,
it still blossoms within

Oh, I know why:
it's simply because I'm loved



After writing a lot of haiku in the month of April, I'm back jamming with my poetry friends at Poetry Jam at http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com/. This week's prompt is to write a poem that starts with "Everybody knows," or "Nobody knows," or "Does anybody know." I chose the latter and I had fun writing this poem in free verse. I took these photos in the park today, and I thought they would go with the poem: evergreens and flowers. I believe these are creamy purple lilacs. The scent was wonderful as I was taking the pictures. I'm contributing my photos to one of my favorite sites, Floral Friday Fotos at http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/. Enjoy the photos and poem, and remember that you are loved, always!

36 comments:

  1. I love the verse about the evergreens - it's so true...they really do hold on rain or shine all year long :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keith :) I love evergreens and it's also nice when leaves change colors in the Fall :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post - both words and photos! I believe what you are showing here are what we call in Australia "Persian Lilac", see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syringa_%C3%97_persica

    Thank you so much for your kind words about Floral Friday Fotos and for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Nix. And thank you for the link! You're always so informative :)

      Delete
  3. Cara Loredana,sono belle le tue parole e le immagini che le accompagnano!Grazie per i riferimenti ad altri blog sempre così piacevoli ed interessanti.
    Passare da te è rilassante come essere a... PLEASANTBLOG!!!Buon fine settimana.Rita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Rita :) mi fa piacere che il mio blog ti fa rilassare. Anche il tuo! Buon weekend :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely poem and beautiful lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Che bella poesia e versi, anche le foto che l'accompganano! Complimenti, ciao e buon weekend! Cri : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Cristina :) buon weekend anche a te' :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Loredana! Great lilacs and poem! I have been thinking of trying poetry jam... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby! Yes, do try it, you write great haiku! :)

      Delete
  7. Lots of answers to these questions and I am glad your poem found one you like! Enjoyed the photos as well. Looks like spring has come where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful flowers. Too bad I have allergies and can't enjoy such things, but at least I have your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed the photos :)

      Delete
  9. delightful blooms...love the scent of lilac.

    Thai Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Luna. Yes, they do have lovely scent :)

      Delete
  10. Loredana, I am so glad to see you poetry jamming with us again, and what a beautiful poem you have written. I do think it is true that so many things ring true in life if one is loved. Love is such a wonderful emotion and makes everything brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I was thinking not just romantic love but universal love as well and love from God for giving us such beautiful gifts on earth :)

      Delete
  11. You must be very creative for making up all those poems by given subjects and you're always doing great poems that have point within ! : ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I've been writing poetry since I was 10. I always loved writing and poetry :)

      Delete
  12. I love how your ending states without stating the Truth behind all that is! Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. there is much we learn from trees in how we are to live...in particular that middle stanza...i like this much...and a great message here to...and def great to know you are loved...

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely flowers, flowers indeed brighten my day, thanks for the visit and inviting you to join our green monday meme too at http://www.mygreenlivingideas.com

    thanks much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!