Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fashionably Late


ready in an hour--
little black dress and red shoes,
moonlit rendezvous

~ ~ ~

Just a little fun and lighthearted haiku and photo. This week's prompt at Haiku Heights at http://haiku-heights.blogspot.com/ is "hour." I took this photograph today inside Grand Central Station in New York City. It's the new window display for spring fashion at Kenneth Cole. I'm contributing my photo to The View From Right Here at http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/ for the "Weekly Top Shot" challenge, where this week's theme is "shopping." I just love New York fashion, don't you?

With a dress like this, I think I might as well be fashionably late.

32 comments:

  1. A nice frame, light and delicious color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY haiku for LOVELY picture!!!Ciao,Loredana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Rita. Una foto differente, un po' di moda americana. :) Che ne pensi, dovrei comprare il vestito rosso? :) Ciao!

      Delete
  3. Liked the energy in the haiku!, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful haiku ~ love the 'fashion photo' ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black dress! The haiku is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like both the black and red dress :)

      Delete
  6. What a delightful and fun Haiku - Goes perfectly with your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about NYC is the very best!!
    Love your haiku and photograph Loredana.
    Looks like a "Top Shot" to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. It's great to window shop in NYC :)

      Delete
  8. It is nice to window shop without leaving the house :-) The poem is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shanna. Glad you enjoyed my post :)

      Delete
  9. The dress and Haiku go perfectly together! Fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great window display. I love the colours.
    Thank you for stopping by at Polonica: Home Again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun...take as long as you like ~

    Happy day to you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. Have a nice weekend :)

      Delete
  12. I do love NYC fashion! My daughter lives there, love to visit, shop and eat in NYC. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. Yes, NYC is the best place to visit, shop and eat :)

      Delete
  13. Love this! I'm so glad you decided to join us and share at 'Weekly Top Shot.' :-) I hope you'll come share again next week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Madge. I had fun sharing on your lovely site. :) Will be back :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!