Monday, April 16, 2012

Simply Wonderful


life's little wonders--
pink and white blooms in the sky,
sun peeking through clouds

~ ~ ~

sun peeking through clouds--
i wonder, can you hear me
whisper to the sky?

~ ~ ~

whisper to the sky--
pink and white blooms in a vase,
simply wonderful

~ ~ ~

Today, I had so much fun taking this photo and writing haiku to it! I'm contributing the haiku to Haiku Heights at http://haiku-heights.blogspot.com/, where the prompt for today is wonder. I just love this word, "wonder," and the different meanings it can have: 1) a feeling of awe or admiration; or 2) a feeling of puzzlement or curiosity. I wrote a set of three haiku in a 5-7-5 syllabic form, and this time, I tried a cascading haiku, where the last line of each haiku is repeated and starts the next haiku. I explored both meanings of the word "wonder," and it was truly a wonderful creative experience!

A little about the photo: there are many beautiful trees in bloom on the street where we live. I can see them from my sun room window and I decided to experiment and take photos  from different angles. I tried several shots, and then I stood under a tree and looked up, and this is what I saw! It inspired me to write the haiku about blooms in the sky and the wonder of it all. I'm contributing my photo to Blueberry Craft and Hobby Time at http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/ for the "Favourite Photo Monday." Enjoy and don't forget to look up--you never know what wonders you'll see!

48 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lovely photo. Such beautiful flower buds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susi, hope you enjoyed your Princess Cake :)

      Delete
  2. That photo is lovely. I can see why you were inspired to use it to illustrate "wonder."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti, a nice view from our window :)

      Delete
  3. I never realized how multi-faceted the word "wonder" was until you pointed it out. Very true indeed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keith. Can't you tell I'm an English major? :) I've always been a lover of words and nuances in languages :)

      Delete
  4. A beautiful haiku trio and a striking photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely picture...and I must say your cascading haiku is very well crafted. You are a natural with the form ~ Cheers ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I'm enjoying your haiku very much :)

      Delete
  6. Great work.. lovely happy haiku..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ramesh, yes flowers make me smile :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous photo - love the colours of the flowers and sky together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! Standing under the tree really provided a unique view of the buds on the branches :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, that was the spirit of my haiku :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, you'right, this flowers are simply wonderful, i like it and your photo. a lovely day, hi Cry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cristina, for your nice comment, and for following. Glad I found your blog in Italian. Grazie! :)

      Delete
  10. Well done. Nicely composed triplet of haiku accompanied with that wonderful photo makes it a haiga (picture & haiku).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I didn't know that a picture & haiku is called haiga. Thanks for letting me know! :)

      Delete
  11. Wonderful set of haiku and a lovely picture!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. I like both the photo and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely haiku, love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loredana -- Love both the photo and natural direction and appeal of the cascading Haiku!! Beautifully done ~~ Day 17 ~~ Answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becca. I like the cascading haiku form :)

      Delete
  15. Very very beautiful. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these creamy blossoms -- so beautiful against the blue sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! I love the words you used "creamy blossoms." Those would work well in the haiku, too: "creamy blossoms in a blue sky." See, you're a poet :)

      Delete
  17. Lovely words to go with your photographic composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindy. I enjoyed your beach and boats photo :)

      Delete
  18. Love your haikus, Loredana, and this photograph is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely colors and detail! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Springtime. You captured it perfectly with your sky shot. (Newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice comment and for following. Love your blog :)

      Delete
  21. Ciao Loredana,grazie per essere passata dal mio blog,ora ti seguo:-)
    Buona serata!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cara Loredana,eccomi sul tuo blog!E' un piacere incontrarti e se sei "away"...meglio!E' bello,per una curiosa come me, avere tanti punti di visuale, sparsi sul pianeta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, Rita. Benvenuta! Il piacere e' anche mio :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!