Friday, April 6, 2012

A Rainbow in the Garden


A lot of my lovely viewers enjoyed my previous post showing a fountain in NY with a rainbow at http://loredana-donovan.blogspot.com/2012/04/mystic-fountain.html. So today, I'd like to show you the fountain in full view and its beautiful surroundings in Madison Square Park. What I like about the first picture is the scene with the mother and son pointing at the rainbow in the water in amazement. They must have been as excited as I was to have spotted it! This is a very popular place in the park, and many people gather around the fountain and enjoy the view of the Empire State building in the distance. The Empire State looks dreamy today among a bit of clouds, as if it were floating in the sky. I'm contributing this photo to Walk in New York at http://walkinnewyork.blogspot.com/.



The second photo is a close-up shot of one of the beautiful containers with flowers around the fountain. These containers are just gorgeous filled with many colorful, smaller flowers and pink tulips in the middle. I like the way the tulips meet the fountain in the picture. I love gardening and the key to arranging flowers in a container is to have lots of flowers with different textures on the bottom for fullness, taller blooms in the middle to create height, and a bit of cascading greenery on the side. Lovely! I'm contributing this photo to Floral Friday Fotos at http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/.



The third photo zooms in on the flowers in the container so you can enjoy a view of the smaller flowers, the different textures and colors. They are very delicate and pretty in pink! I like the interesting round shapes of the red and white flowers on the right, kind of spiky and fun. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a garden covered with a mantel of these cheerful little flowers, or perhaps along the path leading to the door of your home, welcoming you inside! I'm contributing this photo to Pixel Dust Photo Art at http://www.pixeldustphotoart.com/.

Lastly, on a joyful note, I'd like to wish everyone a peaceful and happy Holiday weekend! No matter which Holiday you celebrate, may it be full of wonder and amazement!

32 comments:

  1. You what's really neat about your blog? I had never realized how much "nature" was actually in New York City. I mean I have heard of Central Park of course but I didn't realize how promiment of a role nature played throughout other areas of the city. Thanks for opening my eyes to that. I can't wait to visit NYC someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith! Yes, there are beautiful flowers everywhere in the city, not only in parks, but also in containers on sidewalks and along streets. And trees are in bloom, planted in the middle of major avenues. It really brings a lot of color in the city. Glad you enjoyed the photos! :)

      Delete
  2. These photos are very well done...I love how the Empire State Building is in the background of the first one, and the fountain is in the background of the second one! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Libby! I was going for a series of three photos of the same scene from different angles. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty quiet and 'dreamy' for NYC. Lovely, Loredana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael! I always try to look for the "dreamy" side of NYC. Or maybe, it just finds me! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooooh just makes me want to jump in the car and go on a road trip to NYC. Your work should be contributed to the tourist board! Thank you for sharing it with Photo Art Friday Loredana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie! So glad I found your site. It's inspiring for creativity :)

      Delete
  5. Really like your third shot - the flowers are so pretty and, yes, the red and white "stand alone" flowers are fascinating. Thanks for sharing your world and for visiting my blog. Have a great Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie, for visiting all the way from Australia! Happy Easter to you, too :)

      Delete
  6. Ah...Glorious Spring! - You've captured it beautifully. Visiting from PAF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of a lovely place in NYC.
    Enjoy your Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: Thank you for participating in Floral Friday Fotos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was just looking at the other participants' photos, very nice!

      Delete
  9. These flowers are so inviting. I like the look of the lower flowers - almost like a ground cover -- and then the tulips standing tall in the center.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn, yes I thought they looked like ground cover, too, very delicate. One day in my own yard :)

      Delete
  10. Very nice, love the flowers...;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rejen, for visiting from Denmark :)

      Delete
  11. Looks very beautiful place :) I never visit in NYC.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Merike, for visiting from Finland :)

      Delete
  12. A beautiful spot...lovely flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nadege, for visiting from Australia :)

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful garden. So peaceful and gorgeous and a respite from our still snow laden terrain! Smiles from Alaska. Thanks for sharing at Bonnie's PAF. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen, for visiting from Alaska. Hope Spring will come soon in your part of the world :)

      Delete
  14. beautiful pictures...thanks for sharing them ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful post, I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes beauty comes in unexpected places! I love the rainbow created by the spring/fountain mist!

    I missed NYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, Ebie! Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!