Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mystic Fountain

I've been taking a lot of pictures of flowers and fountains this week, and today I tried something a little different. I was shooting this fountain in NY from different angles, and suddenly a rainbow formed in the water. This picture is straight out of the camera, without any special effects. A full view of the fountain and the beautiful gardens around it is at http://loredana-donovan.blogspot.com/2012/04/rainbow-in-garden.html. The picture inspired a poem, which I'm linking to Poetry Jam at http://www.poetryjaam.blogspot.ca/. The prompt this week is "tools," and the photo gave me an idea to make my poem about spiritual tools, such as hope and faith. I'm also linking the photo to Our World Tuesday at http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/. I'm so happy to share that there are rainbows in my world today. May there be rainbows in yours, too! Enjoy the photo and the poem!

Mystic Fountain

unexpected
rainbow reflection
in the fountain, a sign of hope

water cascading softly
washing away memories
of what once was

acceptance
of lessons learned
wiser today than yesterday

with strength renewed
tossing a golden coin
a wish for everlasting faith

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Hope and faith are some of the most powerful and useful tools of all! And what a glorious photograph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. I wasn't sure of what to write at first, and then this rainbow came out of nowhere! Thanks for the prompt!

      Delete
  2. nice....the rainbow is always that symbol for hope...like the water washing away as well...nice fresh spin on this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian ... the rainbow was a pleasant surprise in a very hectic week so far ... keeping the faith :)

      Delete
  3. What an awesome shot to capture!! I love how these photos create this poetic inspiration within you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith! I'm having a lot of fun taking pictures outdoors. The weather has been fabulous!

      Delete
  4. its great and beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are on the same poetic wavelength as I see you wrote about rainbows, too! I will comment on your poem a little later :)

      Delete
  5. This is really lovely ... aren't you the lucky one, spying that rainbow and then being able to capture it on film!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!
    You caught this at the perfect time Loredana!
    Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Have a wonderful weekend, full of rainbows :)

      Delete
  7. Nice shot! Unexpected rainbow reflection is really a joyful surprise. No wonder you got inspired.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yoko! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  8. When there is actual water, there is a potential rainbow.

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Geoff! Yes, the water was flowing and splashing, and the sunlight seemed to hit it at the right time. :)

      Delete
  9. I love the way you have captured the rainbow in this composition. It is good to meet you virtually Loredana, thanks to you finding one of my blogs and becoming a follower. I will be following back and adding you to my photography blog roll. Please note as I do not subscribe to comments by email it is unlikely I will see any reply left here. I comment on so many blogs my in box would drown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindy, for visiting from beautiful Italy, and for following :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely shot and a lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of the fountain as a tool to claim hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria. I love rainbows, a symbol of hope :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!