Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a Small World

I spent a nice afternoon by the lake in my hometown in the suburbs of New York City. Forsythia is now in bloom and I took some pictures of the pretty yellow flowering buds by the water. It was a sunny day, but quite breezy, and the forsythia kept blowing in the wind as I was trying to take a picture. Both the blooms and the geese look so carefree in these natural surroundings in the woods. The bench by the lake inspired a new poem about our common bonds in such a vast world, which is small after all. I'm linking my photos and poem to another wonderful site I discovered, Our World Tuesday at http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/, where people from all over the world share their pictures of where they live. I'm sharing a little part of my world with you today! I'm also linking my poem to Poetry Jam at http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com/, where the topic this week is seeing spirituality through someone else's eyes. Enjoy!

Someone Was Here

On a clear day such as this
I sit quietly on a bench by the lake
gazing at the sunlit water
where geese happily swim by

I wonder who else was here
before me, from different walks of life
admiring the forsythia in bloom
seeking refuge on this very bench

Many hopeful hearts crossed paths
united by the same dreams
basking in the knowledge
that we are not alone

On a clear day such as this
anything is possible
anything at all
miracles, big and small
                                                     




26 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem and a beautiful scenic picture! Such scenery can definitely inspire. I'm glad you posted I was starting to miss your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith! I try to post once or twice a week, but I've been really busy lately. I take pictures at lunch time and write on the train, my only free time. :) Hope all is well with you. I liked your post on positivity :)

      Delete
  2. Spring is so advanced there !! :) We still have snow in here, but luckily it's melting away day by day.... And nice very optimistic poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie :) It's been so warm in NY, and all spring flowers are in bloom, daffodils, tulips, magnolia, forsythia, lovely colors everywhere. I will post more pics soon. Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful poem you have written. Yes, who knows what beliefs and dreams others who sat pondering that same scene had! I will look at my world a little differently today, pondering the same thing!

    (And do feel free to link this to Poetry Jam..it IS spiritual!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Mary! If you think it's on topic, I will link to Poetry Jam later :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love this poem Loredana!

    We had a very windy day here yesterday also, but it was really cold too. Here's to hoping that changes real soon! :-)

    Sending you wishes for a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Lisa. It's getting warmer, enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful atmosphere, beautiful pictures ..and beautiful poem...
    Best regards, Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting all the way from Germany! :)

      Delete
  6. Love...all things possible! We are on the same wave length my poetic friend! :) Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! I enjoyed your fairy tale poem on "believe" and your haiku as well :)

      Delete
  7. That joyful feeling of yours made me happy, too. I love your poem. Inspired and encouraged by the nature, I always feel we are one with nature and with the like-minded souls.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yoko! Glad my writing made you smile :) I enjoy the zen quality of your photos and words. You are such a peaceful person :)

      Delete
  8. We are blessed to have glimpsed this beauty through your eyes .. with your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen! I do love my small hometown. It's quite charming and I will share more photos (and words :) soon. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  9. beautiful photos and I read acceptance and an openness to a variety of life walks in your poem, a welcome relief from the divisive, exclusionary ways many people have of viewing gods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for noticing the acceptance and openness in my poem. It's how I was feeling that day and I'm glad it came across :)

      Delete
  10. A lovely post beginning to end! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this poem very much and I do believe at times that everything is possible. I also enjoyed seeing where you live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peggy. Glad you enjoyed seeing where I live. If you'd like to see more of my adorable little town, I have a rainy night shot at:

      http://loredana-donovan.blogspot.com/2011/11/thank-you.html

      and also a snowy day shot at:

      http://loredana-donovan.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-january-again.html

      Enjoy, and thanks for visiting, and for your prompt!

      Delete
  12. actually i came after you...i was in NYC wed thru friday...ha...so now i know who was there before me...smiles....nice verse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian. Hope you had fun in NYC!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!