Thursday, March 1, 2012

In the Country

It would be nice to go away for a long weekend in the country. As much as I love the city, I find being in the country very peaceful and restful. I took these pictures in the Berkshires, Massachusetts, last year and would love to go back. The landscapes are so green, and the pace of life is so much slower than in New York. Is it me, or does it look like the ducks in the picture are kissing? A little country romance?

What would I do if I lived on a farm? Let's see, I would probably wear a straw hat, my hair would be unruly, and I would be incredibly tanned being out in the sun every day. I could hang out with a bunch of cows and sheep, perhaps go on a horse ride now and again. And let's not forget picking my own vegetables and fruit right in the field. Strawberries and raspberries, fresh basil and tomatoes. Oh, and I would go apple picking. This comes so natural to me. I must have been a farm girl in a past life. Now back to the Big Apple.

6 comments:

  1. Love the photographs! I am a country girl at heart, well, one from the 1950s anyway! I dream of chickens and home grown vegetables .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenny! I'll be taking more pictures of the countryside in the spring/summer when it gets warmer. There are many farms in upstate NY and suburbs. We go to a farmer's market on summer weekends and get fresh vegetables. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am dreaming of going to a farmer's market with a wicker basket over my arm!

    Looking forward to the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love baskets! I have several around the house, for fruit, bread, plants, you name it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, Loredana. Like you, I love living in the big smoke, but I am a sucker for going away for escapes into the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Yes, I'm about due for a little vacation :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!