Monday, March 12, 2012

First Sign of Spring

I was pleasantly surprised to see daffodils already today. It's been so warm out lately that they are blooming early.  I love daffodils because they announce the beginning of spring, with a promise of good things to come. Yellow is such a cheerful color and it brightens my day. So here is the first daffodil of the season I spotted in the park this afternoon. It looks so happy to be out in the sunshine and so am I to have found it. I discovered a really pretty photography sharing site, called Today's Flowers at http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/ to which I'm linking my post. It's fun to share photos with others with the same interests. Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh spring! I think I feel a spring blog post coming on again soon as well. Yellow is my favorite spring color as well! Beautiful picture. I really like sharing our blogs with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Keith! Speaking of sharing blogs, I was just wondering how do you promote your blog? Congrats on gaining new followers! Where/how do you find them? :) Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you on Twitter? I've promoted it that way a lot. I also peruse blogger and search for blogs by interest (e.g. Poetry) and when I find a blog I like I flow them and post a comment and they usually reciprocate. It's a good way to promote yours and also give other bloggers encouraging feedback and more followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant follow not flow :) I'm the king of typos on my phone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips! I'm not on Twitter, but will look into it. Back to spring--hope my viewers enjoy the pretty daffodil :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful daffodil! Would you like me to tweet your blog out later? I think people would erally enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, please share it! Spread the joy and positive thoughts :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful daffodil.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tatjana! Your black and white photography is so artistic! Each photo tells a unique story. Glad you liked my little daffodil. Do you take black and white pictures only and what intrigues you about shooting in black and white? :)

      Delete
  9. How beautiful this is!
    We are just beginning to see signs of spring here in NY, and it is truly so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! That's the first daffodil I spotted this year in a park in NY. That's where I live, too :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! More daffodils have sprung up now!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!