Saturday, March 3, 2012

Anaphora Poem

I'm very excited to have joined a wonderful new poetry site called Poetry Jam you can find at http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com/. I just learned there about a form of poetry called Anaphora, which is "the repetition of a word or expression several times within a clause or within a paragraph." Here is my Anaphora poem, inspired by a picture I took of the ocean last year.

Infinite
Blue touches my soul
as I walk on the infinite sand
Blue illuminates my mind
as I gaze upon the infinite sky
Blue replenishes my body
as I emerge from the infinite water
Blue awakens me infinitely





9 comments:

  1. Loredana, I love the way that you've connected blue with infinity, especially since blue is traditionally a spiritual colour. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne! "Blue" is a recurring theme in several of my posts and photos. I find it soothing both methaphorically and literally. Yes, it's definitely a spiritual color!

      Delete
  2. nice...def like my visits to the shore...as that def re-invigorates me...nice to meet you, from the Jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian! That is a picture I took of the Mediterranean sea, which is bluer than blue. I was born in Italy, and being there was like being reborn on many levels.

      Delete
    2. Beeautiful poem! Blue expresses so many different 'shades' of feeling. Your poem shows that so clearly.

      Delete
    3. Sorry about the misspelling of 'beautiful' above. And thanks for joining Poetry Jam. A new prompt will be up Wednesday morning. So keep watch!

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Mary! I'll look out for the new prompt. So glad I found Poetry Jam--it got me back into poetry. This is a brand new blog sharing my thoughts and photos, and now I can add poems in the mix! Will check out other jammers' poems soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Blue is my most fav colour in everything!
    Loved this, and, good luck with your writings! Thanks for such a lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Daydreamer! Poetry Jam seems like a friendly community of poets. I appreciate the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!