Sunday, February 19, 2012

Palm Trees Here and There

Who says there aren't any palm trees in New York City? I found them on the rooftop of a building on 5th Avenue. The picture I took in the city evokes the same feeling of rest and relaxation as the one by the pool in Southern Italy. Though in two different countries, the palm trees have a unifying effect, and the flowers and shrubbery bring nature into both settings. The clear water in the pool reflects the blue sky in the city. The palm trees look as tall as the skyscrapers, creating an effect of harmony between nature and architecture. So cozy and inviting. Why don't you sit down and stay a while?

11 comments:

  1. I love palm trees , so beutiful !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love to go to a tropical island with lots of palm trees, or maybe Hawaii :)

      Delete
  2. I would go to anywhere with palm trees, cuz' you definitely wont find any in Finland :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could go to California or Florida, lots of palm trees there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, what has happened ? :)I can't anymore get to your newer posts than this, I'm only getting this announce "Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog Blogging Away does not exist."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies to my readers. I deleted the last post because the photo was blurry. So that's why it says it doesn't exist when you click on your reading list. I will repost soon. Thanks for checking, amethist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog and I'm definitely checking :) I love your snapshots and even more, cuz' you're having lots of posts about the NY and I'n finding the NY a very interesting town and it's nice a possibility getting to know the Big apple from the wiew of someone, who's actually living in there !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * I'm finding the NY as a ...
      * a nice possibility
      * view
      Made lots of typos, for writing too fast and not thinking enough :D

      Delete
  7. Thanks, Amethyst! I have a new post about NY. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice blog. I like the pictures of the palm trees. Next time I'm in NY I'll keep an eye open for them! lol. Best of luck with your blogging!

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Geoffroy! Merci beaucoup! Never been to France, but was at the Paris airport on my way to Italy last year (see my post below on Planes, Trains, and Automobiles). Next time I'm in France, I'll check out Paris for real! :) Glad you're enjoying my blog. :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!