Saturday, January 21, 2012

Keeping Warm

Good boy!
I've always been fascinated by a fireplace, the way it relaxes me, the glow, the warmth. The ritual of stacking the logs, one by one, that alone is soothing. Oh, and the crackling ... I could sit here for hours just listening to every little sound, gazing into the fire. My husband got me this cute puppy pillow so I don't have to sit on the floor. It's big enough for two. Comfy. Cozy. It doesn't matter if it's cold outside. I feel safe. I feel loved. I'm not alone.

4 comments:

  1. Lori, I'm loving the cozy images as I gaze out at the snow-covered yard....so evocative of winter. Keep writing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne! My love of photography is inspiring me. You keep writing, too. I just became your follower! xo

      Delete
  2. That is so cool. I have a electric fireplace but its not as cool as fireplaces

    Your husband sounds very sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiana! Welcome to my blog. Glad you enjoyed this photo! I like to make people smile.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog from all over the world and for your wonderful comments!